The project mentioned in the previous post went great. While I was designing the solution, I thought: "what if they don't want to do separate screens? What if they want to do something more involved or play live video on the fly?"
I decided to add a MacMini, not only as the brains of the system, but also to serve as the main component of content for the system. And I am glad I did. Here is a short video of one of the completed video walls: Video Wall on Instagram
Here's a list of the components in workflow order to give you an idea of how it's all put together:
- Mac Mini
- 2 3rd generation Apple TVs
- 4x4 KanexPro Matrix switcher
- This gives us the ability to select any input and push it to any output, including a local monitor in the workroom.
- 2 - Gefen HD Video Wall Controller
- This distributes and scales the 1080p signal across a 2x2 panel of displays
- KanexPro HDMI over Cat6 Extenders
- 8 RCA LED displays.